I know that I'm not exactly that glamorous when it comes to camping but I do know that camping isn't really my thing either. I can't afford to go proper 'Glamping' like at Glastonbury festival with all the huge tents with beds and electricity but when I do go camping I still make sure I have all my essentials and because it has been a huge summer of camping and festivals I thought I would make a list of all the essentials that I used/took with me to this festival.
Firstly, I was the stupid person that forgot my can of dry shampoo *face palm*, however 2 of my friends at this festival remembered it so I did use a lot of it. I can not express enough how much of an essential dry shampoo is in conditions like that. The longest period of time that it is acceptable to not shower is 1 night in between showers, however when camping it's 4 days, providing that you use plenty of dry shampoo and deodorant. I find that the best dry shampoo to use is the medium priced ones, normally between £2-£3.50 as they are no worse than expensive ones (and there is no point in spending more than necessary) yet I find that cheaper ones need to be re-applied during the day or they just don't work at all. I used the Batiste Original but I would recommend any of the Batiste dry shampoos.
Secondly, when I go camping there is no electricity and my phone, being a smart phone, doesn't have the best of battery lives, so before leaving I went onto eBay and purchased another battery for my exact phone, which I charged before leaving. This is going to sound a bit sad but I watched a programme on TV about dodgy products and people that con others(it might have been Rip Off Britain or Fake Britain) and they were saying that someone bought a cheap iPhone charger cable on eBay and when her daughter plugged it in to charge up her phone, she got electrocuted, and quite seriously hurt, so I can not stress this enough, when purchasing a new phone battery make sure the price isn't too good to be true and that the seller has good reviews.
Also a pack of cards will always come in handy, either normal playing cards or UNO or something because there is nothing more than wreaking of BO and being sat in a tent with other and having nothing to do. The possibilities of card games is endless and UNO can also get really competitive if you play with the right people.
A camera. You can't go wrong with a camera when camping with your friends because when you look at all the group photos afterwards, it's always hilarious to see the people that blinked at the flash or looked drunk even though they weren't.
As people always ask me if I am sick, tired, or dead when they see me without make up on I had to take make up with me but I didn't want to take any of my expensive stuff and live in constant fear of loosing it so if you are the same as me then go into town or something before going camping and buy some cheap and alright-ish quality make up. This is going to sound horrible but I bought a Poundland mascara, mainly because I liked the wand but it's still not a nice thought, I took a Miss Sporty Pressed Powder which was £1.99 but when I got to the till I was only charged 50p and my black Natural Collection Liquid Eyeliner which I think cost around £2. All these products were perfectly fine and I didn't loose any of them, however I just didn't want to take the risk.
Finally take an old iPod, the old bit is key, I took my 7 year old iPod nano fully charged and trust me it lasted all weekend, all these new and fancy touch screen iPods won't last a day if you want to listen to music.
:*
No comments:
Post a Comment